Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Crockpot Pulled Pork and Amazing BBQ Sauce Recipe


I had been having this crazing for a great pulled pork sandwich. Being from Texas, you're more likely to get a chopped brisket sandwich! Anyway, I did some googling and found this great recipe...it makes the most tender and delicious pulled pork. OMG it's good!! and did I mention EASY???

Enjoy!!

Sauce/Marinade

1/2 Cup Ketchup
1/3 Cup Worcestershire **
1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Ground Mustard
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke
Dash Red Chili Pepper Flakes
Pinch Salt and Pepper

Mix all ingredients together in the crockpot. Take a 3 lb trimmed pork shoulder (Boston Butt) roast and place in crockpot with sauce. Coat both sides thoroughly with sauce. Slice 1 medium sweet yellow onion and layer it on top and around the sides of the roast. Cook on low for 8- 10 hours. When the pork is done, take it out of the crock pot and place in large bowl. Use two forks to shred into small pieces. Serve on a toasted seasame bun.

I always make an extra batch of the sauce/marinade and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. I use this in place of a store bought sauce. I love the sharp vinegar flavor!

**This is the original recipe, I actually prefer to reduce the amount of Worcestershire to about 2 tbsp and I also add about 1 tbsp of Spicy Brown Mustard.

By the way, I'm very sorry that I didn't take a picture of the finished product. It's disappeared VERY QUICKLY!! lol

1 comment:

  1. OOOH this sounds YUUUMMY! going to be making this one soon!

    thanks for posting!

    Laci

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails